Velocity Chart break down to one Person

Eurofunk.2021 July 18, 2021

Dear all,

since I´m quite new to Jira and Confluence, I need help with the velocity chart. 

I would like to know is it possible to see the velocity/capacity of one person and not the whole team/board. Since they are booking time on the storys and assigne it to themselfs I thought it would might be possible. 

Thank you so much! And best wishes from Austria :) 

Emina 

1 answer

0 votes
Kit Friend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2021

Hey @Eurofunk.2021  - you can use the time based reports to get a person by person view in some senses but fundamentally Jira's core reporting is designed to support agile (principally) Scrum teams where the emphasis is on team level achievement and completion of stories rather than silo'ing by individual, so you'll find things work best when viewed via that lens. 

(Time-based estimation and reporting is also normally a bit painful to upkeep and not terribly accurate - so worth checking the desired benefits vs approach you choose. Focussing on lead time, outcomes etc all tends to actually provide greater benefits) 

Eurofunk.2021 July 19, 2021

Okay, thank you for the answer, so in the velocity chart is no possibility at all just the time based estimation?

Kit Friend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2021

Not for an individual - you can use time as the overall metric for a velocity chart but (unless you create duplicates of your board filtered down to each person, but that would be really time consuming) not narrow it down to one person. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/reporting-861257295.html gives a good summary of the reports - you'll see a bunch that focus on time and individual users.

Eurofunk.2021 July 21, 2021

Dear Kit, thank you so much! Wishing you a lovely day! 

Like Kit Friend likes this
Kit Friend
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2021

You're welcome - best of luck!

BTW if you're new to jira/Confluence they've just refreshed all the training :) https://www.atlassian.com/university

Suggest an answer