Values disappear if edit.type is set to 1 (jira database values plugin)

Mokuyobi January 23, 2013

Hey,

we have an external database which fills a customfield (by using the jira database values plugin). All works fine until we change the edit.type from zero to one (AJAX-style input field).

There are no suggestions if you typing something in.

Is there anyway to get it working as AJAX-style input field ?

8 answers

0 votes
Mikhail Khrustalev July 4, 2013

Is the problem still not resolved?

0 votes
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2013

@Jason: you are probably having a different issue. I have it working fine. Maybe you might want to check the log files?

Jason Plumhoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 2, 2013

Hi Wim - Thanks for responding. Since my issue may be unrelated to this thread, I've started a new question that can be found here:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/176220/can-t-see-the-values-in-the-jdvp-custom-field-when-using-ajax-style-input-field

0 votes
Peter von Hofer May 20, 2013

Same Problem with JIRA 5.2.11

• click "create new issue"
  • put some input in database field -> no auto-suggestions
  • cancel create screen
  • click again on "create new issue"
  • database field works now and everytime there after until you close browser window

There is also an issue for this:

https://bitbucket.org/wimdeblauwe/jdvp/issue/3/problem-with-starting-ajax-view-the-custom

Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2013

I just released a version 3.0 that is compatible with JIRA 6. Could you try this version in a test instance to see if the issue is still there?

Peter von Hofer May 21, 2013

Is v.3 compatible with JIRA 5.2?

On marketplace.atlassian.com only JIRA 6 is marked as compatible to jdvp v.3.

Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2013

I compiled it against 6.0, but most probably it will work with 5.2 as well, but I did not test it.

Peter von Hofer May 22, 2013

The problem still exists

Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2013

And can you test with JIRA 6? That way I am sure the problem is in the plugin and not in JIRA itself?

Peter von Hofer May 27, 2013

With JIRA 6 there is also the same issue. On first try nothing happens, but works on second try.

Also tested on new installed and empty JIRA 6 (only jdvp plugin installed, one jdvp customfiled defined and using standard workflow and screens).

Jason Plumhoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2013

I'm having the same problem on JIRA 6, except it doesn't matter if it is the first, second, third, whatever try - I never see it if I use the AJAX-style input. I have to use the dropdown style. It wouldn't bother me so much, except I'm trying to use the custom field to search a parts database with ~60,000 parts in it. That's a bit much to ask users to scroll through...

Peter von Hofer June 2, 2013

Here is my config, just to be sure, everything is correct
(it was working without problems on JIRA 4.4.4)

database.driver=net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
database.connection.url=jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://********:1433/********
cache.timeout=14400000
sql.query=*******
primarykey.column.number=0
rendering.viewpattern={1} ({0})
rendering.editpattern={1} ({0})
rendering.searchpattern={1} ({0})
rendering.sortpattern={1}
edit.type=1
search.type=1
rendering.changelog.viewpattern={1} ({0})
rendering.statistics.viewpattern={1} ({0})

0 votes
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 14, 2013

I just tested with JIRA 5.2.8 and it all seems to be working fine. Any chance that you can test with the 5.2.8 version?

0 votes
mrueter January 27, 2013

While investigating i checked the source of the page. For me when opening the edit screen the first time the following div is rendered

<div class="field-group">
<label for="customfield_10300">Ansprechpartner</label>
<input id="databasevalues_customfield_10300" name="_customfield_10300" class="ui-autocomplete-input" size="50" type="text" value="xxx">
<input type="hidden" id="databasevalues_hidden_customfield_10300" name="customfield_10300" value="44326">
</div>

when opening it up the second time the following div is rendered.

<div class="field-group">
<label for="customfield_10300">Ansprechpartner</label>
<input id="databasevalues_customfield_10300" name="_customfield_10300" class="ui-autocomplete-input" size="50" type="text" value="xxx" autocomplete="off" role="textbox" aria-autocomplete="list" aria-haspopup="true">
<input type="hidden" id="databasevalues_hidden_customfield_10300" name="customfield_10300" value="44326">
</div>

So it seems there is some difference when loading the edit screen for the firsttime.

Regards

Constantin

0 votes
mrueter January 27, 2013

I encountered the same problem. It seems the ajax is not loaded correctly when opening the screen for the first time.

Try to close the screen an reopen it. It should be working then.

Regards

Constantin

Mokuyobi January 28, 2013

Thanks for the answer. I tried it but it did not work for me. Still have the same problem (only for the ajax field).

Benu Gupta February 13, 2013

I am having the same problem while upgrading the plugin from 1.4 to 2.0 with Jira 5.2. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Russ Frizzell February 18, 2013

We had the same issue. We had to go to "Create Issue" specifically where it would not work there, then we could go to create or edit issue for the dropdowns to work.

0 votes
Mokuyobi January 23, 2013

We are using JIRA 5.2.2 and the plugin version is 2.0

0 votes
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

What version of JIRA and plugin are you using?

Suggest an answer