Validator cascading

Thays Carvalho December 5, 2018

Hello Need help. I need to add a validator for the user to fill all the options in the "select" field, which is a multilevelcascading and even adding a validator to fill up the last field of the select, does not work ... what do I need to do? is there a simple jql that I can add? thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2018

Hello Thays,

Than you for raising this question.

Indeed, it's not possible to require the child field from a select list to be required natively on JIRA, however, you can use a simple Script validator provided by ScriptRunner plugin to achieve it:

cfValues['your cascading field']?.values()*.value.size() == 2

We have a bug created about this lack here, together with other possible workaround using JIRA Suite Utilities plugin:

Required field validation works only on the first Cascading drop-down list

For more information on how to configure the Script, check the answer below:

Workaround solution for making 2nd drop down required in multi-cascade custom field

Please, let me know if you still have any questions.

0 votes
Thays Carvalho December 6, 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

I'm referring to some script that can validate all the multicascading fields are filled.

For this validator

Add Parameters To Validator
Add required parameters to the Validator.

Thanks

0 votes
Thays Carvalho December 5, 2018

Hello, Petterson

Thank you for your help.

But it still is not what I need.

I'll keep trying and as soon as I get something, I'll be back to inform everyone.

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2018

You are welcome, Thays.

If you can provide us with more insight about the feature you are looking for, I think I can search for other options to help you.

Also, let me know if you get stuck in any of the steps provided before.

Like David Harkins likes this

Suggest an answer