Using one Board filter for the whole team

Frédéric Gaumond July 27, 2017

Hi, I'm wondering how to avoid creating a filter for each JIRA user because that would take a while. If each user has a personal project for tasks and also projects for their team. How does one create a filter that includes all the issues and avoids other user's personnal projects?

Here's the filter I'm using for myself but how could I change it so that other users can just copy-paste my filter and they would have access to their issues? 

Here's the query for my Kanban Board:

(project = "Personal Project" OR project = "My team's project1" OR project = "My team's project2") AND (resolution = EMPTY OR resolution != EMPTY AND resolutiondate < 30d) ORDER BY assignee ASC

The part after the "AND" could be left as is, it automaticaly removes issues from the Board after they've been resolved for 30 days. Thank you for your time.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2017
 assignee = currentUser() and (resolution = EMPTY OR resolution != EMPTY AND resolutiondate < 30d) ORDER BY updated ASC

Is what you're looking for I think. 

Frédéric Gaumond July 27, 2017

With this filter, you can see your issues in all projects but what I'd like is to see all issues in all the projects I participate in. Then in the board I can put a quickfilter to isolate issues assigned to the currentUser. The idea was to help users have a global view of all the projects they partake in. However I think you are right and I should use that filter. If users want to supervise projects they can enter the project window and sort by assignee. Thank you.  

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2017

There is no good way to dynamically pull projects for users. The thing you want is:

project IN projectsLeadByUser(currentUser())

However, this doesn't actualy work. You have to hardcode the username like this:

project IN projectsLeadByUser(boris) 

If that helps at all, let me know.

Edit:

Apparently ... you just do this:

project IN projectsLeadByUser()

And it gives you what you want. And then you put the users as leads in their own projects and include it as an or statement.

Edit 2:

You can also use:

project IN projectsWhereUserHasPermission() 
Frédéric Gaumond July 28, 2017

Yes that works fantastically. Thank you!

Suggest an answer