Using multiple authenticators

Matthew Firtion May 21, 2012

Is it possible to configure JIRA to use a custom Seraph authenticator for user logins and use the default authenticator for soap logins?

The external application needs a username and password to login but the custom Seraph is using SSO. Is it possible to configure so that soap logins still use the default login? All users are internal to JIRA.

2 answers

3 votes
Dieter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2012
If your authenticator extends DefaultAuthenticator as in the example at http://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-seraph/latest/sso.html you have a access to the HttpServletRequest object and thus you can check if the requested Url is something like /rpc/soap/...

If you do this check at the very beginning of your getUser() method and then just call super.getUser() this should do what you want.

it's common in SSO authenticators to fall back to the standard authenticator if the request does not come from a browser, e.g. if the user agent header is something like 'Axis 1.4'.

to make soap calls work with your SSO solution you also must make sure that your reverse proxy lets the /rp/soap Url pass without doing anything like redirecting to a login form.

0 votes
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2012

I would say not by default.

What custom SSO solution are you using? Your own or AppFusions?

If AppFusions, we can extend your deployment to address this case possibly - contact at info@appfusions.com

Matthew Firtion May 21, 2012

I'm using my own custom authenticator.

Suggest an answer