Using filter(s) in filter

Deleted user November 6, 2018

Hi,

I am trying to clean up my filters by defining "sub-filters" and then incorporate them into my board filters. This however works fine for myself, and administrators - not users. I am having a hard time figuring out why.

If I write the expression directly in the board filter, ie "project = projA", it works as intended. If using the same expression in a saved filter, it does not work, ie "filter = <filter-name>". Both filters are shared with all logged in users.

What else can I try? What have I missed?

Thanks.

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2018

I am not able to reproduce an issue. I created an account with basic permissions and was able to use the filters in a Board query.

Can you more clearly indicate where this is failing? Specifically, you say "this does not work" but it's not clear what that means, what error you see, etc.

Deleted user November 7, 2018

not working in this case means I get no results from the filter I used in an AND statement in my board filter. I have isolated the problem though. It was never the filter, but the project permissions of the project the filter should extract information from. Correcting those, and everything worked like a charm.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2018

Hello,

you should write

filter = <filter id>

not filter name

Deleted user November 6, 2018

Hi, thanks for answering

I was just about to remove and replace my question. I think it is related to permissions on the project the filter is suppose to add. Writing the <filter id> instead of <filter name> did not change anything, only made it harder to read. Is there a technical advantage in using the id's ?

Thanks

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2018

Did you share this filter with the users, who try to use it in their JQL query?

Yes, it is shared with all logged in users

0 votes

Thank you both for suggestions!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events