Using confiforms, how can I update an existing task with comments?

Daniel Klingseisen February 9, 2021

I am trying to use confiforms to add comments to an existing JIRA task.   I already have the form to create the JIRA task which works great.  I want to be able to then take the ticket number (example IOG-7567), plug that into a text box, and then add a comment and click submit.  It should then add the comment to that ticket. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2021

Hi

That is quite easy really

Jira has an API to accept comments

/rest/api/2/issue/<JIRA_KEY>/comment

You need to POST to it and you post something like

{ "body": "This is my comment" }

Little demo: http://recordit.co/UduRTBOpoN 

Hope it helps

Alex

Daniel Klingseisen February 10, 2021

I think it may be a permissions error:

• Requested to /rest/api/2/issue/IOG-8270/comment has resulted in error. Response code = 401. Response contents: {"errorMessages":["You do not have the permission to see the specified issue.","Login Required"],"errors":{}}

Which I don't quite understand because I am logged in and I created the ticket.  I can edit it in JIRA.  ??

I am getting a permissions error now and I am not sure how to fix.  I opened the ticket and can easily modify in JIRA so not sure why I am getting this error:

Response code = 401. Response contents: {"errorMessages":["You do not have the permission to see the specified issue.","Login Required"],"errors":{}}

Also, the create ticket form I use to create the JIRA tasks works fine and I do NOT get a permissions error, so not sure why I am getting the error this way. 

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2021

Have you set up a connection in ConfiForms to your Jira?

This tutorial shows how to do it in details https://wiki.vertuna.com/display/FORMS/How+to+create+a+form+to+create+a+Jira+issue+from+Confluence 

Yes, it is called "Jira".  This is the one I use for the create task that is working. This is also the one I selected for the new form that does not work. 

This works in the other form I am using...

JiraPic.JPG

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2021

Sorry, it is very hard to debug connection problems by looking at screenshots. 
feel free to open support ticket with as at wiki.vertuna.com

This is what I have set up on the non working one:

JiraPic2.JPG

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2021

How is this "web service request" IFTTT is configured? 

Suggest an answer