Using automation to remove label when adding story points

Stine Guldbrandt May 16, 2023

I would like to add an automation that removes a label when I add story points. 

When I add story point I would like the label Refinement to be removed 

Jira automation.png

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2023

Hello @Stine Guldbrandt 

Your automation rule looks like it would satisfy your requirements.

Is it not working the way you expect?

What does the rule Audit Log say?

Stine Guldbrandt May 16, 2023

There is nothing to see in the log 

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2023

Hi @Stine Guldbrandt 

Adding to Trudy's questions...

Do you mean the rule is not triggering and so the audit log shows no executions, or that the log shows no errors?  In either case, posting an image of the audit log details can help to see that the rule flowed as you expected, or not.

Next, what do you observe happening?  For example, is the label not removed, all labels are removed, something else?

Kind regards,
Bill

Like Trudy Claspill likes this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2023

@Stine Guldbrandt 

In the Audit Log area for the rule you may see entries similar to the image below. You can click the Show more option to the right of an entry to see the details.

A entry with a status of "Config Change" should be created each time you successfully change and Publish the rule.

Each time the rule is triggered should generate another entry, which may have a variety of statuses.

"Some Errors" indicates the rule was triggered but encountered some error that caused execution to abort.

"Success" means the rule ran without encountering any errors that caused the rule to abort running. That does not necessarily mean that you got the desired results. 

"No Actions Performed" means the rule was triggered, but Conditions in the rule were not met so no Actions in the rule were executed.

As @Bill Sheboy said, a screen image of the Audit Log page and the information displayed by clicking Show more next to the rule execution will help us understand what is happening.

Screen Shot 2023-05-17 at 10.10.35 AM.png

Stine Guldbrandt May 22, 2023

I tried to do a test and add story point and waited for 5 minutes. Nothing to see in the log and the label is still on:   Jira automation.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2023

Note that you can see the Audit Log for individual rules by click the Audit Log link below the Rule Details link. 

Screen Shot 2023-05-22 at 7.49.42 AM.png

Your image is showing the audit log list for all rules.

The list will not update automatically. You have to refresh the page to show new audit log entries if rules have run since you took an action that should've caused a rule to execute.

Can you show us an image of the issue where you added Story Points, showing us the Story Points field? Was the field actually empty before you added the value.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events