Using Spring frameworks within Jira/Confluence plugin?

todor kolev February 9, 2014

Can I import different Spring framework libraries (e.g Spring Integration) and use them effectively within a Jira/Confluence plugin. I would like to hear from anybody that has dealt with something like that and if there are any peculiarities around achieving it.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2014

Just take a look on what's provided and if it's not there, just import the jar you need. But be careful, as confluence and jira are using quite old versions of spring.

Using newer versions might work in theory because of OSGi but I never tried that.

todor kolev February 10, 2014

Thanks, where can I see the version of spring that a particular product (Jira/Confl) uses?

Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2014

Create a plugin project and import this maven project in your ide -> https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Set+up+the+Atlassian+Plugin+SDK+and+Build+a+Project

The only thing is, you need a proper maven support in your ide, then you can see all dependencies and can see whioch version you need.

Nazia Tarannum
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 12, 2016

true, I had a roller coaster ride while integrating hibernate with JIRA smile

Like Ture Hoefner likes this

Suggest an answer