Using Script field in another script

Marzi Goodarzian April 28, 2023

Hi

I wrote a script field previously, and now I want call this field in another script, but this field return null.

for example:

I wrote a field script that returm sum of a number fields in subtasks of a Issue(called Overall_Weight), and it returned correct answer and shown this answer in view screen.
Now ,I Called this field with by this method (issue.getCustomFieldValue(Overall_Weight) , but retuen null.

I asked this question from Scriptrunner support , and tell me this problem fixed in jira 8.16  or above, my jira version is 8.5.0.

Did you use a solution in this version?
How to call script field in a another script?

Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2023

The short answer is that you don't.

Because of the way Jira works, you can not rely on the value of a scripted field being correct or even populated when you are running other scripts.

Your new script will need to replicate the code behind the scripted field.

Marzi Goodarzian May 2, 2023
0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2023

Hi @Marzi Goodarzian ,

for my knowledge you can't reuse code in another context. The only way is to use the same code of your scripted field in your script.

Fabio

Marzi Goodarzian May 2, 2023

Suggest an answer