Using Jira for content managment, i18n and maintenance

Claudius Henrichs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 4, 2023

We're currently looking at ways to ensure our product content (documentation, troubleshooting and support) stays up to date and relevant in all our supported languages.

We currently hold content in multiple systems, among them:

• knowledge base on community (using the same Khoros community software like Atlassian Community)
  • knowledge base on Zendesk
  • Support articles in yet other CMS' (Wordpress etc)

As a starting point we would want to create an inventory of all the content we have and create a relationship between localized language article variant. Then we should have a flow that helps us identify content that hasn't been reviewed for x period of time and be able to keep track if when it was last checked.

Wondering if any of you Atlassian wizards every set something like that up on JIRA? Maybe there's also different tools within the Atlassian portfolio we should take a closer look at for that?   

1 answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2024

@Claudius Henrichs welcome to the Atlassian community

We used to manage it in Jira when we had the information in WordPress and SharePoint.  We used Jira to manage content and it worked OK. It seemed like it took a lot of time updating information in two places (Jira and the platform where the documentation resides)   I can provide some additional information about how we had it setup if you would like to know and I can answer those questions. 

I would suggest looking at consolidating the documentation into a single application that allows for internal and external documentation, version control and analytics.  We eventually ended up moving to Confluence for that reason.  We now just manage it there and it removed a lot of the overhead.  

Claudius Henrichs
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 22, 2024

Thanks for sharing details about your experience. Consolidating platforms indeed would be the ideal. Unfortunately, it's quite hard to find the sweet spot in the venn diagram of requirements from various teams and organisations involved.

Are you using Confluence for public facing documentation? Or do you happen to know an organisation that does and can link it?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2024

You can check out documentation from most vendors in the marketplace.  Here are a few that I quickly found.

Suggest an answer