Using JWT calculated text field in a JQL query

Brett Palmer January 25, 2021

I have a custom JWT calculated text field called "Work Type". The value is either "Product" or "Support". I tried using "Work Type" = "Product" but I get and empty set. I verified some of the values of the calculated field are indeed "Product". How do I use the custom calculated field in a JQL Query? 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thorsten Letschert _Decadis AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 26, 2021

Hi @Brett Palmer ,

while the hint from @mfabris is definitely correct as well - please use ~ instead of = - I'd like you to note that after adding this field to an issue, running a JQL statement against the actual value isn't working before another issue updated event or project/Jira reindex has taken place.

Cheers
Thorsten

Brett Palmer January 26, 2021

I tried this too. I did perform a full reindex thinking that might be an issue. Still cannot use the field in a query. I have reverted to an single picker field with a triggered calculation instead of a real-time calculated field. This is not ideal fix though.

Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
January 26, 2021

Hi @Brett Palmer , 

in order to to do further troubleshooting I probably need 'the full picture', e.g. the exact expression used. Are you able to share?

0 votes
Brett Palmer January 27, 2021

It did a full reindex and it started working. I know I did a reindex before too. Anyway, it works now. Thanks.

Marketplace Partner
January 27, 2021

Hi @Brett Palmer ,

thanks for the feedback. Would you mind accepting my answer then? Thanks in advance!

0 votes
mfabris
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 25, 2021

I suppose the outcome of your calculated field is a string field?

Try: "Work Type" ~  "Product"

Brett Palmer January 26, 2021

I tried that operator and = and != and in and not in. None of them worked. 

Suggest an answer