• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Using CSV import, is there a way to import indented bullet points in the description field?

I am using the non-admin CSV import.  For the description field, I can import bullet points by using asterisks, which get converted to bullet points.  I haven't found a way to indent some of the bullet points, however (like the 3rd row in the list below).  I've tried the following with no success:

• adding blank spaces before the asterisk
  • putting things in front of the asterisk 
    • \\ followed by blank spaces
    • blank spaces inside quotation marks
    • preceding the asterisk with the characters "<tab>"

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @len sheppard

Thank you for reaching out.

The CSV importer respects the syntax provided by the Wiki Style renderer previously used on Jira Cloud. That being said, you must add the asterisks two times (**) to properly indent a bullet point in Jira Text fields through CSV, as displayed in the example below:

Screen Shot 2020-10-30 at 19.04.35.png

Also, the same logic should work to add more levels (***, ****, etc). Can you please confirm if it properly works for you?

For more details about Jira syntax for CSV import, you can check the documentation below:

Text Formatting Notation Help 

Have a nice weekend!

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you