Users didn't receive account activation email.

Abel Atwater January 14, 2015

My users did not receive an email to activate their accounts after I created them. I verified them multiple times, and they are correct. How can I resend the email?

4 answers

1 vote
Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2015

Hello

First, you should verify if those uses have some kind of white or black list in their email servers.

After that, they could do the password reset process from the login page to create their new passwords.

nloveland June 8, 2017

The password reset process from the login page also does not work in some cases. I setup hipchat accounts who's accounts say inactive and nothing will work to get thier welcome email or password reset. My hipchat server is managed by you at hipchat. Hasnt anyone ever run into this? It's happened to me more than once and is very annoying. even if i deactivate the new accounts and reactivate them still nothing. We use hipchat everyday for everything. I am a systems admin and familiar with how this works but there is some sort of bug that remains from within hipchat that will cause a user to not get an activation email if at first the email address was not setup and then later setup after a hipchat account for them has been created. Ways to reporduce this error are: create hipchat account for user who does not have an email address. It will say activation email sent. Then, perhaps by mistake, the email address for them didn't exist yet and is then created. Test emails sent in and out to email address working fine and any other email. Log back in to hipchat account and resend activation email to account. Nothing. Password reset. Nothing. Cant delete the users either. Only deactivate. Reacviate them and still no email. How to fix this?

Verve Admin December 4, 2017

Having the same issue described above. Users not receiving emails. Created support ticket with HipChat support, never got a confirmation email. Checked out logs and message trace no emails coming from HipChat. Created a test user they never got the activation email. HipChat please help resolve this issue!

Tony West January 17, 2018

Same problem - I deactivated then reactivated a user, but they don't get the invite message. Work around...?

Angel Vlaev March 15, 2018

Same problem here - I am an admin of a Confluenc and JIRA enviroment, and often I run into people not receiving their activation e-mail. Deleting the account and re-creating it does not help, resend option does not help. I have tried multiple options, non of which helped. Any suggestions

smashew March 28, 2018

Same problem here... is there a fix for this? Did anyone fix this? Does @atlassian or @customerservice even check these boards?

Pawel Gruntowski April 16, 2018

Same problem here... 

Hatice Cesur April 18, 2018

same problem heere....

Symbolic IO Corporation April 23, 2018

Same Problem.. Been trying since last week and no confirmation email

smashew April 23, 2018

Just want to give you an update / save you from the pain I went through...

There is a KNOWN issue with Atlasssian activation emails. If the FIRST email that Atlassian tries to send gets bounced back it will add that email address to an internal block list, thus making it so they NEVER get the activation email. 

Remediation...
Contact Atlasssian / open a bug report, tell them to delete the email from the block list and the user will be able to activate.

Common Causes...
Using automatic provisioning systems, like Okta, where Outlook lags behind in setting up the email.

dasSoumen May 2, 2018

Facing the same problem. Unable to sign up because of this. @smashew Did they reply?

mr anonymous May 12, 2018

I have the same problem, can't login to Bitbucket anymore due to "inactive account" (I did some pushes some weeks ago). The application said that it sent me the reactivation link (to a gmail address), but the mails never arrived (I checked the spam directory, too).

What can we do?

Edit: I noticed that I have two accounts at bitbucket (or I changed the email address I use here without remembering it), so with the other email address I can login (it does not say "inactive...").

So to the people writing here, try out if you usually logged in to bitbucket with another email address.

Ben Travaglione May 29, 2018

I also have this problem, and I think that it is a good indication of a bad company that they read these reports from a lot of people, but refrain from giving any support.

I now have 2 email addresses that I cannot use on atlassian because verification emails go into a black hole. Why should it be my responsibility to contact the company and get them to remove these emails from the block list when clearly the problem is with their system?

1 vote
Deividi Luvison
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2015

Hey Abel,

In that case, please raise a case to our Cloud support team so they can check the logs and confirm if the notification emails were sent or not.

Hope it helps.
Thanks and Regards,
David| The Engineer that like Windows for realsies.
0 votes
Philip Mudenyo April 14, 2020

Same problem here

0 votes
Brendan Cote July 23, 2018

Same problem for me!  I have tried resets, disabling, etc.  Please help!

Suggest an answer