Users cannot login to Jira server after update to 7.12

rob.jager@pondres.nl October 10, 2018

No user is recognised.

start up works without problems , but i cannot log in.

this started after a jira update ( where I also installed confluence on the same server)

unfortunately I do not have a recent backup of the progresql database so I cannot restore this machine.

Is there a way to enable users again???

I have access to the database, and can edit the tables.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Deleted user October 10, 2018

Hi rob.jager@pondres.nl,

Are you able to access the Jira log files? These should be stored in /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/log/atlassian-jira.log

If so can you search for the username that you tried to authenticate with, and post any relevant lines from the log.

my problem is the cwd_user table is empty....

rob.jager@pondres.nl That does sound like it would be a problem! What version of Postgres are you using?

Actually PG 10

rob.jager@pondres.nl Postgres 10 is not supported by any current version of Jira. The latest version supported it 9.6 - you can view the supported platforms here https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/supported-platforms-938846830.html

I now think of reinstalling jira...

Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 10, 2018

Plz when you make the whole process to the end , inform us! 

i'm eager to learn what happend :)

Kind regards 

CM

rob.jager@pondres.nl October 12, 2018

I removed jira and postgres10; installed Jira 7.12 and postgres 9.6 and ....

I found a copy of the export.xml from a few days ago. This I could import and I just had to invite all users again before amost everything was up and running again.

so Case Closed..

Suggest an answer