Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Users can't tag others in tickets

I've read other similar questions here and the solution seems to be - give them permission to browse projects. I have gone as far as giving permission to "anyone on the internet" and they can still not tag other users. What do I do?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jul 09, 2021

Hi @Samuel Justus

the user who tries to mention somebody must be in group jira-developers to make sure it works - from my understanding this is the only group which is able to "Browse Users and Groups" which is needed to do the mention.

Additionally the user who is to be mentioned needs to have Browse permission on the relevant project - this seems to be the case as (for a test?) you now allowed everyone (even anonymous users) to browse the project.

So my main question is: the user who wants to do the mention - is this user in group 'jira-developers'?

Regards,
Daniel

@Daniel Ebers I added another group, and that worked. I guess I need to allow it at admin level and not just project level. 

Thanks!

0 votes
Jack Community Leader Jul 02, 2021

By “tag” do you mean “mention”, I assume so. Can you share screenshots of:

• your global permissions for browse - admin > system > global permissions 
  • your project permissions page - project settings > permissions 

what happens when you try to mention someone? Are you able to set the Assignee to someone that you are trying to mention?

I (admin) am able to mention users, but there are other users who are not able to. I've also added these users to a group that has had the permission, but it still isn't workingmention issue 2.PNG

mention issue.PNG

Jack Community Leader Jul 08, 2021

Assuming you have admin permissions, can you check the global browse users and groups setting? You can find this here…

<your site>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/GlobalPermissions!default.jspa

@Jack I sent a screenshot above of that page. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you