User workload report not showing issues

James Ellett January 21, 2014

I have a project with a number of issues assigned to a specific user. All issues are "In Progress" and have time estimates. When I attempt to generate a user workload report for the assignee, JIRA tells me that "There are no unresolved issues assigned to the specified user." What are the conditions that need to be met for issues to be pulled into the user workload report?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
James Ellett January 24, 2014

Ah I figured it out. The field configuration of the project was hiding the "Resolution" field, which apparently was preventing issues from appearing in the report.

0 votes
Nicolas JAUTEE September 27, 2015

Hello James,

If you're still around, did you find out why issues were not shown in your User Workload report ? I am experimenting the same problem, issues are unresolved, time estimate and timespent >0...

The JQL request provided by Matthew Warton returns 4 issues, but I can see only 2 issues for my user in the report.. for the other users, there is just no result. I fail to figure out what is the difference between shown and hidden issues yet sad

edit : I just saw that adding the "Resolution" field solved your problem, it did not for me, anyone have this issue?

0 votes
mwarton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2014

Hi James,

As close as I could work out the conditions are equivalent to the JQL query:

assignee={User} and resolved is EMPTY and (timespent > 0 or originalEstimate > 0)

I worked this out when creating the user workload sample report for Intelligent Reports. If you need additional information beyond the standard JIRA user workload report take a look at Intelligent Reports. You can design your report in Microsoft Word, and use simple point and click rules to fill in the data. No scripting or API to learn.

James Ellett January 22, 2014

Thanks mwarton,

I guess I'm still lost, because there are issues assigned to the user, none of them are resolved, and they all have originalEstimates greater than 0.

That add-on looks pretty great... I think I'll try it out!

Muriel S. Thiago Ledoux Rupp March 20, 2023

thanks for the JQL 

Suggest an answer