User unable to create a new program from scratch in BigPicture Program!!!

Charan Nagaraja January 10, 2019

User is trying to create a new program unfortunately its unsuccessful with the error message of " Something went wrong...Send Logs | Download Logs | Contact Support "

I tried to download the logs however it throws an another message of 

The requested URL was rejected. Please consult with your administrator.

Your support ID is: 853870963375781535"

Could anyone please help me to get understand of the this issue?

Thank yoError.PNGerror2.PNG

2 answers

0 votes
Timothy Ryner April 11, 2023

Old thread, but thought I'd chime in anyway.  Our company has a Web Application Firewall on our network that blocks traffic that has specific attack signatures, and it's a little sensitive.  When it blocks network traffic, we receive the exact same error message that you are showing....absolutely identical.  I'm not sure what the name of the WAF tool is that generates this support message.  We always reach out to our network security folks to have that attack signature muted so we can continue working.

0 votes
Tomek-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2019

Hi @Charan Nagaraja,

Without having a look at your logs we know as much as you do.

Usually, in such cases, we ask users to reach out to their Jira Administrator in order to follow the below procedure. I'd like you to do so. Finally, create a support ticket via our Portal and attach the logs to your ticket.

1. Go to Jira Administration > Add-ons > BigPicture > Technical Info and click "Clear cache".
  2. Reproduce your issue.
  3. If the issue still persists, go back to BigPicture's Technical Info.
  4. Select "Fine-grained" logging level.
  5. Reproduce your issue.
  6. Navigate to BigPicture's Technical Info and click "Download" support data.
  7. Switch logging level back to "Warnings only".

Look forward to seeing your ticket.

Best,
Tomek

Charan Nagaraja January 14, 2019

Hello Tomek,

Appreciate for your inputs!!!!

I tried the steps which you mentioned above However, when i click the download button it throws the same error "The Requested URL is rejected".  When i contacted support team they are asking me to check with Softwareplant support team to fix this issue and softwareplant wont be able to fix the issue until unless i provide log files to them. completely stuck in between. Any leads or inputs will be highly appreciable!!!

Thanks in advance,

CN 

Tomek-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2019

@Charan Nagaraja Go to Jira Administration > Add-ons > BigPicture > Technical Info and check if you have Turn on downloading or Turn off downloading button visible. 

If you see Turn on downloading, click it. This will unlock log export option. Finally, try again to follow the steps given before.

In case this also fails, let's move our conversation over to our Portal

Best,
Tomek

Suggest an answer