User showing as an ID value instead of users name

Mark Kassar May 5, 2021

I have a problem where user names are being displayed as ID's

For example I create a JQL and I pick the user name but when I continue to create the JQL the user name inserts as the ID of the user.

Example

project = SomeProject AND assignee = 547a3b3c22b83e0c44efaf6b AND labels = to_clarify ORDER BY updated

Can anybody tell me how I make it display the user name?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Hello @Mark Kassar ,

This is regarding "GDPR" policy.

You can get more information here on https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracore/gdpr-changes-in-jira-975041009.html 

Thanks,

Anvesh

Mark Kassar May 5, 2021

Thanks for the info, Is there any way to switch this feature off?

When I go back to a JQL and read it having an assignee displayed as an ID rather than their name makes it extremely difficult to work with

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Hello @Mark Kassar ,

I'm sorry there is no option to revert these back.

I think there is a third-party plugin, someone mentioned this 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1223958/dynamic-filters-jql-replacer-gadgets?utm_source=Atlassian+community&tab=overview&utm_campaign=DF&hosting=cloud&utm_medium=comments 

Please check the documentation.

Thanks,

Anvesh

Mark Kassar May 5, 2021

Although I can't revert them back, is there a way to turn off the feature so new ones don't do it?

0 votes
Mark Kassar May 5, 2021

Comment posted as answer in error

Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2021

@Mark Kassar Unfortunately it is not possible to turn this off, it is just an in-built part of how the JQL works

KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2021

As of my knowledge, it’s not possible.

if it server / DC, there may be a chance by modifying some files, but we have to check for the right articles.

but for cloud, we don’t have any access to these files. So it’s not possible.

thanks.

Mark Kassar May 5, 2021

well that sucks, managing and updating JQL is a massive P.I.T.A. if I'm just going to see ID's instead of actual names :(

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events