User profile - no information about component.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2015

Hi,

I was curious about how to know if the user is a component lead of a certain component in a project from looking at the user's profile in JIRA, i hope I am not missing something here. Because sometimes after a user leaves the company, his group access is removed and account deactivated so that he can no longer access JIRA but since he is still component lead thus this fields appear in red as you can no longer assign issues to the user. I know by means of some tricky scripting it's possible to get the list of components which the user leads, but is this information available some place in JIRA UI and how do you guys deal with this scenario.

Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2015

No, it's not available in the profile.  This is because the data is not user data, it is component data - the component knows who its lead is, you don't allocate components to users.

You're not missing anything, the ability to list component leads simply isn't there.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 15, 2015

Thanks for the answer Nic, I hope this data gets included in the user profile as at times it really helps to see the components whose lead is the user whose profile is being viewed. Since it's easy to access the project roles to which the user is mapped thus it makes sense to add a link for the component as well.

Suggest an answer