User doesn't receive email invitation to acces in Jira Cloud.

Lucia Parente
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 14, 2023

Hi,
I invited in user management this email c*******53@y**x.com
but he didn't receive email invitation.
If i open Audit log I can see the Activity but user didn't find any email.
He also check in SPAM.
Can you tell me what can I do? Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2023

Hi,

The email address you listed hasn't had any email sent to to from our cloud services.  I took a closer look at your site, and found another email address that was very similar, but had one digit off.  There was a delay from their SMTP server as noted in:

2023-04-13T18:44:22.000Z 2aafb1e9-7b72-4797-a4a6-ccf4ab9702bd c********52@y**x.com delay 451 Internal resource temporarily unavailable - https://community.mimecast.com/docs/DOC-1369#451 [YvwCGigNPhiKd0s6-HuRYw.uk266]

A few minutes later, I can see there is a delivery entry for that message. 

2023-04-13T18:45:29.000Z 2aafb1e9-7b72-4797-a4a6-ccf4ab9702bd c********52@y**x.com delivery  

So it has been delivered at least to the mail server. 

I would recommend double-checking that you have the correct email address, as the results above are for c********52@y**x.com  However in the original post you mentioned the email was c********53@y**x.com

If you are sure you have the correct email, then try to send the invite again to that address instead.  Right now your site only shows the other address as having been invited.

I would recommend that this user reach out to their mail admin with these timestamps.  Perhaps their mail admin can locate this message and better understand why it might not appear in their inbox just yet.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events