User does not see Assign or Assign To Me

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2011

My users are set into two groups: internal-users and external-users (all users are in the jira-users group). No permissions are set against the groups. All permissions are set against Project Roles. Users in the internal-users group can see and click on the Assign and Assign To Me buttons. Users in the external-users group can not see either button. Project Roles for both groups are the same.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2011

To get assign rights, you must grant the users "assign" in your permission scheme. To get the assign-to-me, additionally, they need "assignable user" as well.

0 votes
JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2011

Permissions are set up by Project Role. Assign User is set to Project Role - Manager and Current User. Assignable Users is set to Project Role - Developer and Current User.

Users in the Project Role - Developer and user group Internal-Users can see both buttons.

Users in Project Role - Developer and user group External-Users can not see the buttons

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2011

What does your permission scheme say about Assign Users & Assignable Users?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events