User count in Confluence higher than JIRA (user directory)

Sam August 22, 2012

We use JIRA for our User Directoy in Confluence. The license page shows 14 more active users than what we have in JIRA. How do I force them to sync up correctly

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sam October 9, 2012

This was caused by a previous migration from On Demand to in-house. There were duplicate entries for some of the users as a result of the internal Confluence directory (thanks RJ). I was able to resolve this by simply disabling the Confluence user directory. For anyone with the same issue unable to disable the Confluence directory, you should be able to temporarily disable JIRA directory and then delete the bad Confluence accounts.

1 vote
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2012

Hi Tim,

Most probably there's some users in your Internal Confluence directory. Perhaps you could double check on that, as Confluence will take all the users that have 'Can Use' permission, and will count it towards the license. You could disable the users that is not in used anymore in Confluence Admin >> Users. For more information please refer to the following.
* https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Global+Permissions+Overview

Hope it helps.
-RJ

1 vote
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2012

Hi Tim,

My assumption in this case is that the Confluence users license count is pulling not only JIRA users but other users also.

If you have other users directories besides JIRA one like the internal directory or a LDAP directory, you may need to verify if they aren't counting different users to your license. Probably they are.

Hope that helps :)

Suggest an answer