User cannot set parent link without Portfolio permission

Hi,

We have Portfolio for JIRA and have limited the access to Portfolio to users who work in a team-of-teams.

But we do want normal users to be able to set the Parent Link from within the Create / View / Edit Issue screens.

But users now get the error "You are not authorised to perform this operation". And it seems that the Portfolio Administration only contains roles that allow users to do things with the Portfolio Plans.

So: is there a way to allow users to set the Parent Link (and Team) in an Issue without also giving them permissions to work with Plans?

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

We are also having this "problem"

Is there any fix planned for this?

A Suggestion  has been raised for this in October 2016. You can view it and vote for it here:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JPO-1681

Hi, did you got any suggestion on this .I am also facing this issue ,if you aware the solution pls share with us ,will appreciate your help 

Hi there,

We're running into the same issue, but we have a possible solution depending on your org. When you add editors to a plan on Portfolio v2.0 or later, the plan becomes read only to everyone else. So, add anyone who might need to edit Portfolio parent-links as Portfolio for JIRA Users, then add specific editors to the plan who can interact with and manipulate data on the Portfolio for JIRA side of the house.

The problem with this solution is that any Portfolio for JIRA user can then create Portfolio Plans.

Hope this helps,

Bryan

This only allows people to edit the Parent Link via editing the issue within Portfolio.  When editing an issue (e.g., a Feature) to add the Initiative as a Parent Link, the error still pops up.

I'm using Portfolio on my Cloud instance.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

281 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you