User Permission for Sprint planning in JIRA Agile

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2014

Hi All,

I am using JIRA Agile 6.3 and currently I need to manage some permissions pertaining to Adding issues to Sprints, but according to the docs it says

Adding an Issue to a Sprint

Once you have identified that an issue is due to be actioned, you will need to add it to a sprint. You can either add an issue to a future sprint, or to the sprint that is currently in progress (the active sprint). You will need to have the 'Edit Issue' permission in the project to which the issue belongs.

So according to the above Users with Edit issue permission can add issues to the sprint (they won't be able to move it as for that you need schedule issue permission) but I was hoping that Atlassian would provide some more specific permissions for this feature as I want only the product owner/SM to be able to add issues to sprints instead of anyone in the project with edit permissions. has anyone else faced this issue?

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2014

Hi Tarun

Regarding on your requirement, there is already an improvement request being raised in here which is related to Adding Issue to Sprint should not tied to Edit Permissions:

Please feel free to vote on it to increase its popularity and add yourself as watcher in order to receive any latest updates from the developer and feedback from other user that is facing the same issue.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2014

Thanks for the info.

Suggest an answer