User Permission / Teststeps are not Updated

Carsten Jeschner June 2, 2021

We are running JIRA Server Vers. 8,13,2 with XRay 4.2.13. In the last few weks i have some strange "lags" on the System and like to know if anyone else has the same Problems.

1. If i add a user to a Projekt Role directly in the Project the User din´t show up with his permissions. If I reload the page it is a 50:50 chance to find the user added to the right permission. The permission itself seems granted or disgranted. It will just not show up. Some time later the User shows up and everything works fine...

2. I add Teststeps to a XRay Test Issue. So far so good. I refresh the side or open the Issuelink in a new Window and tada all Teststeps are gone. If i add them again they will show up double. It takes up to 1h to get the Teststeps visualised in the Issue. As long as i didn´t refresh the Page everything works fine.

I am a little helpless with the strange behaviour of our System :D

2 answers

0 votes
Carsten Jeschner June 25, 2021

Hy,

we found out that it seems to be a Problem with Browser Caching. Both in Firefox and Chrome, if you activate the Developer Tools (F12) and Disable the caching, the system runs stable.

So I will create a new Ticket at Xpand-It and let the know. Maybe they got a suggestion to our Problem -> SUPPORT-39217

Regards, Carsten

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 24, 2021

Hi @Carsten Jeschner 

It is best to contact Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com ) to request additional information and help further.

It is necessary to troubleshoot the cause, and the best approach is to have a support team member handling your case since causes may differ from one customer's instance to another.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer