User List Export

Is there a way to export my user list? I have a bunch of users and want to clean it up a bit.

5 answers

It's bizarre that you can't export a user list from the Administration interface. I have added a request for this, please vote for it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-23783

It's completely bizzarre to me as well. Not everyone is proficient with the CLI or SQL - neither should be required for basic administrative functionality.

See this tutorial for the easiest way to export JIRA users to Excelhttp://www.midori-global.com/products/jira-better-excel-plugin/documentation/user-export

(Excel allows you to filter, search, post-process your user account data easily.)

excel-user-export.png

Unfortunately the CSVs exported from this Addon is are broken because they contain unwanted line breaks. And it only exports the currently visible users from the user management page, e.g. the first 100, and not all users.

Can you let me know what version of JIRA you are using? I would like to see if I can reproduce the unwanted line breaks.

The export limitation is based on the search results. If you limit the search to show 100 per page, then that is all the add-on will work with. All you need to do is set it to 10,000+ and it will export everyone. 

Hi! We're using JIRA 7.1.6 and unfortunately I cannot select to see more than 100 users per page:

2016-07-19 12_18_52-Users - JIRA.png

You can set it to "All" and it will show you everything.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,897 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot