User Invitation Error

Chegg Coop January 9, 2019

I have users that are invited through the JIRA User Management section of the Administration portal. Their statuses show as "Invited" and last seen on site "Invitation Pending." They are also added as a person in the JIRA Projects' "People" section.

When they try to access the JIRA platform, they get a message that says "You can't access any projects or issues."

How can I give them access to the JIRA project? Is this a JIRA specific issue?JIRA_Login_Error_Cooper_010919.png

They also experience the following screen when trying to click on "My Open Issues":

JIRA_OpenIssuesLoad_010919.png

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2019

Hello Chegg,

There are three levels that could block users to access issues on JIRA:

- Product Access

- Project Permissions

- Security Levels

Since the users are not able to even access projects, it can only be caused by the Project Permissions or Product Accesses. Please, check the following:

Product Access:

- Navigate to your site administration > Click on Product Access > Ensure that your users are properly added to one of the groups with the product access:

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 13.43.17.png

Project Permissions:

You mentioned that you added your users to the people tab of the projects. Which project roles you have added them too?

Make sure that their project roles are added to the Browse Projects permission in the Permission tab:

Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 13.47.04.png

Let me know if this works for you.

Suggest an answer