Use nagios Field Processor in combination with Project Mappings

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2016

Is it possible to use the Nagios Field Processor in JEMH together with Project Mappings?

I want to add a component to some Nagios alerts based on a keyword in the subject.
When the Project Mappings are configured the correct component is added but the description of the issue is empty and the cutom Nagios fields (host, state, ...) are also missing

I'm leaving the project blank in the Nagios configuration
Which shows a red error. I would expect it to fall back to the default project

image2016-7-14 17:7:33.png

1 answer

1 vote
Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2016

Hi Charlie,

It appears that currently, while the project mapping works, the nagios field processor does not extract the field values from the email when the nagios configuration does not have a project set.

I am looking into what it would take for the processing behaviour to allow your scenario to work.

Mike

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2016

Hi Mike

Thanks for looking into this!

Does that mean I should be able to set up different mappings with other components while using the same project? And defining the project in the the Nagios field processor? I don't think that works either. I'll try again tomorrow to be sure

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2016

Tested today.

I set a project in the Nagios configuration and I am using the same project in the project mapping with 2 different components using keyword mapping

It creates the tickets without component. Probably because no Nagios Components are defined?

image2016-7-20 11:55:0.png

Charlie Misonne
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 10, 2016

Hi @Mike Harrison. Should I create a ticket in your JIRA for this?

Mike Harrison _The Plugin People_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 10, 2016

Hello Charlie,

If component(s) are selected in the project mapping rule level, and that rules criteria are the first to be met, then the components should be added to the created issue. If the components are instead set at the project mapping level it should also work. The nagios field processor is still chosen as the field processor by JEMH.

There are however bigger current problems with using this processor without a specified project in the config: missing custom field mappings (as mentioned before) and issue association not being possible (so it will always create instead of comment, and resolving when a "resolve" email comes in will not work as it does normally).

Please follow https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-4351 for future updates on the improvements necessary to allow project mappings to work with the nagios field processor.

Regards,

Mike

Suggest an answer