Use automation to create/invite users

Glenn Thomson November 5, 2019

Hi All,

This blog post (scroll down to 5.2) says that in Jira Service Desk they have built a form "for customers to add colleagues without accounts for the support portal. The account is created automatically, is added to the same organisation as the requester, is given access to the service desk and finally, an e-mail is sent out to the user requesting they reset the password."

Does anyone know how to achieve this? I've looked at Automation, but there's no option to create or invite a user.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2019

Hello Glenn,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I read the documentation and I’ll tell you by my experience, that only using Jira without any add-on, it will not be possible to allow customers to create an account for other customers.

On the documentation, they mention about the add-on Refined - Structure and Theme JSD, which is only available for Service Desk Server and not Cloud.

The option to create customers in the portal may also be a customized form using API, so that would allow customers to create an account for others. As they are using the add-on mentioned above, it means that their site is a Server and not Cloud, so they have more ability to create those things, different from Cloud where the portal customization is more restricted.

Regards,
Angélica

Glenn Thomson November 6, 2019

Thanks Angélica

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer