Use automation to comment based on date of comment containing specific text jira

Aditya Rajaraman May 5, 2023

I am trying to add an automation to my Jira workflows. The scenario that I am trying to execute is as under

1. Manual trigger
  2. For every ticket in a given list, check if there is a comment that contains 'Key Search Term'
  3. If the comment is older than 1 month, then insert another comment, else dont insert comment.

I know that I can retrieve the list of comments by using the smart value {{#issue.comments}}. But how do I iterate through these comments to find the one that contains the key search time and the date corresponding to that comment. 

My current thought is to attach a label with like YY-MM to the ticket and then next round of updates, update tickets based on the YY-MM and remove existing label and add a new one. 

1 answer

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2023

Hi @Aditya Rajaraman 

You note using manual trigger (which is for one issue) and then mention "for every ticket in a given list".  How are you determining and accessing that list of issues?

While you are answering that question...

You can use smart value list filtering and/or the match function to find comment body fields containing your search text, and then use a rule condition to decide if you should add the additional comment.

Kind regards,
Bill

Aditya Rajaraman May 8, 2023

Hi @Bill Sheboy 

I am using a branch that is linked to a JQL and the JQL is pretty much filter = "Filtername"

I will look at the smart value list filtering, match and respond. Thanks

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events