Use Post function to verify value of custom field

Michaella August 30, 2017

I am working on automatically configuring Support Request types of Issues to be automatically assigned to a user depending on the day of the week. 

I found a script for a scripted field value to convert the date into the day of the week. It is all very accurate, but. When I create the post functions on the workflow they dont seem to be working.

I also tried testing my condition via Script Runner so that it sends mail, and when I preview the condition is correct. And returns true / false perfectly. But when I create a support ticket in that task, no email is made. I aslo tried it with setting the Watcher. No luck as well.

What could be the problem?

These are the conditions I have tried:

• cfValues['weekdayName'] == 'Thursday' (worked)
  • cfValues['weekdayName']*.value.contains('Thursday') (didnt work, returned false even though true)
  • issue.getCustomFieldValue('weekdayName') == 'Thursday' (didnt work, also tried cutsom field ID)
  • cfValues['weekdayName']?.getValue() == 'Thursday(didnt work)

Are the conditions different for scripted field values? What could I be missing?

Thank you in advance! 

1 answer

0 votes
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2017

Hi Michaella,

I would guess that the condition is not the problem, but rather that your post-functions are out of order. Whenever you add a post-function to your workflow step, make sure you move the post function to the very last step. The order should look like this:

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 12.51.39 PM.pngIf you've ensured it's on the right step and published your workflow, we might have to look at some other things if you're still having problems.

This condition should be the one you're using:

cfValues['weekdayName'] == 'Thursday'

As there is no need to call .value() on a regular text field.

Michaella September 3, 2017

Yes that is the condition I used for the postfunction. And I transferred the added postfunctions below and it still wouldnt transition to another status so that it can assign :(

Note:

• JIRA Version 6.1.4 
  • weekdayName is a Scripted Custom Field

Also, I apologize for the delayed response

Suggest an answer