Use OpenID provider to login to JIRA / Crowd

I am interested in using Crowd for single sign on, but my company already has an OpenID provider that we use. We do not need to use CrowdID as an open ID provider. What I am interested in is hooking Crowd (or JIRA/Confluence directly) into my OpenID provider server so that my existing users can login to my atlassian products. Is this possible, and if so, how?

4 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Re using an external OpenID provider to authenticate to JIRA, Confluence, or Crowd:

• JIRA - acting as a Relying Party is not officially supported out of the box (vote on this feature request to get it added), but there's a third-party plugin (OpenID Authentication for JIRA) for sale.
  • Confluence - acting as a Relying Party is not officially supported out of the box (vote on this feature request to get it added), but there's a third party plugin (Confluence OpenID Authenticator) for sale; unfortunately, the plugin is not listed as working with the latest versions of Confluence, but it might be worth contacting the vendor to ask for support to be added.
  • Crowd - can act as a provider (more specifically, CrowdID is a provider which can be backed by Crowd), but cannot act as a Relying Party (i.e. use an external OpenID provider; vote on this feature request to get it added).
    • Somewhat related, Crowd does support acting as an authentication provider to Google Apps via SAML (i.e. users in Crowd can log in to Google Apps), but still not as a consumer. Probably not helpful to anyone specifically looking for an OpenID based solution, but possibly relevant to people investigating SSO in general.

(I'm a developer on the Crowd team.)

Has there been any update regarding the support an external OpenId provider to authenticate to Jira?

Same question here! We would love to see the ability for single sign on with google apps just like in OnDemand, using Google Authenticator.

We have the same situation. We are mandated to use a specific openID server and need to integrate JIRA, Confluence, and Stash into the picture. We are currently using JIRA for user account management but would consider using Crowd with the added benefit of SSO. However, we must use the provided openID server and, so far, I don't see how that can be done.

We have a similar requirement. We want to use CrowdID and its login page for our Confluence, Jira and a couplle of custom web apps. I don't see how this can be done. I have configured Confluence and JIRA to use SSO, which is great, but it requires each app to use its own login page (which we are trying to avoid).

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

97 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you