• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Uploading Videos for Training

Hi, I have setup JIRA Helpdesk and my clients are now able to submit support requests, which is all great.  Working well actually.

What I am trying to figure out is if Jira has product or if Helpdesk is capable of doing it, but I want to be able to upload 'How to Training' videos for clients.  The concept I am trying to go for is I guess is hey log in and in addition to submitting a support ticket they can access a library of how-to videos. 

Are there any Jira products that offer this type of functionality?

Thank you,

AJ

1 answer

0 votes
Liam Green Community Leader Dec 02, 2020

Hi @ad79 

You could do this with Confluence.  It supports a knowledge base that you can embed videos into the help pages.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence

That's the link for the Confluence page.  Take a look around and if you have any queries, drop another question in.

FYI... you can not embed video content anymore in Confluence.  You *can* embed public YouTube content and you can attach files to be downloaded - but the Multimedia macro is no longer supported: https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-multimedia-macro/

Edit:  You *can* embed videos... it just doesn't require the macro any more, but it does create a player when you add the video to your page. My mistake - sorry for any confusion... carry on.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you