Uploading/Downloading Custom Files

What is the best way to manage custom files via JIRA? Our web-based program stores projects as .wsp files (which is an in-house file language). When a Developer attempts to download the file via a JIRA Issue, our program does not recognize the file as .wsp

3 answers

Hi Rob,

Do you mean that you upload a working file to JIRA and when you download it again the file no longer works? Does this happen all the time with all sorts of WSP files or just sometimes?

Seems like this is a consistent occurence for multipe users in our system and multiple browsers

To add, this might only be an issue regarding bonfire..seems like it works fine uploading the file through JIRA

Hi Rob,

I have heard of this problem happening once before with Bonfire, but we were never able to reproduce it. Are you able to narrow this down to users on a specific operating system, using Bonfure in a specific way, etc.?

It may be useful to open a support case with us (quoting this issue) so that we can try and reproduce it on our end too.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,888 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot