Upload add-on

Hello, I've installed a while ago new Jira on atlassian.com and now I'm trying to install czech language add-on. I have followed this article in documentation https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/UPM/Installing+Add-ons , "Installing by file upload" chapter.

I don't see any button called "Upload add-on", only "Build a new add-on", nothing more but on localhost I see that button. What am I doing wrong? Can someone tell me how to upload it manually, please? Thanks

9 answers

1 accepted

Hello there,

Uploading plugins is a Restricted Function in Atlassian OnDemand, so unfortunately you wont be able to do it. The only available languages in OnDemand are English, French, German, Spanish and Japanese.

Hope this information helps!

Regards,
Marlon

On our OnDemand Confluence, we just activated (in Management-Add-on, settings -bottom of the page- ) the option:

"Enable private listing"

And the "Upload Add-on" link appeard.

That enables Atlassian Connect plugins to be added, not the type of plugins this question was orginally about.

The "Upload Add-on" link appears, but upload of Quality Tiger .jar file is stack.

Upload for Computer is disabled.

You can only upload Connect add-ons to Cloud.

How to upload Quality Tiger add-on? It is qtiger-1.2.6.jar file that downloaded from your site:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.qnit.qtiger/server/overview

Yet again, you can only load Connect add-ons to Cloud. 

That is a server add-on, you can only upload that on Server installations.

3 votes

You can't install new plugin in JIRA onDemand. It is possible only in downloaded version.

Thank you for respond. It's sad that we can't add our language.

I have same issue... Can someone tell us, what are we doing wrong?

I cant upload and addon either, the link does not exist, I am trying to install agile cards. I have the downloaded version however I have imported the trial versionfrom "on demand". Wonder if that could be releated?

Hello Michammis Pashidis,

After Enabling Private Listing, try to upload plugin.

You still can't add plugin on OnDemand JIRA.

I have tried it.

Please tell, where is Private Listing located ? I am not able to find.

I am trying to evaluate Code2Flow for Confluence. It states to download, and then upload. I am unable to find a way to upload a file from my computer, that I just downloaded from Atlassian. Based on what I read here, the best I can do is "Enable Private Listing" which does not give me the ability to upload the file. 

I may be missing something here but what a frustrating experience to try the product. It looked pretty good but now I'm just looking for a different product.

My best guess is that the same answer applies - you've got an add-on for Server, and you're trying to upload it on to Cloud.  That's like trying to run a windows program on a Mac.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

20,446 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you