Upload CSV with "Start Date" and "End Date"

Deleted user February 18, 2020

Hello,

I created a Project with a CSV file which included a "Start Date" and "End Date" fields.

For some reason, the dates that appear in Jira are not the same as the ones that are in the CSV.

The steps I took in Jira:

"Import External Project" --> CSV --> I chose the CSV file --> File encoding: UTF-9 / CSF Delimiter: "," --> Date format --> dd/mm/yyy

I added a screenshot of how I entered the dates in the CSV file (Start Date - Jan 1 2020, End Date June 5 2020)Dates examples.PNG

In my CSV file I have Epics, Stories and Sub-tasks.

I can't figure out how to upload these dates correctly.

Thank you,

Nadav 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2020

Hi Nadav,

Can you check the date format? I'm hoping it's a typo where you've written dd/mm/yyy, instead of dd/mm/yyyy.

I'd also be looking at the raw date in csv, not how Excel parses it. In the window where you can see the file, can you attempt to edit it with notepad/some generic text editor? You may find that Excel is already doing some conversion and the date format is not actually dd/mm/yyyy as it is in the picture.

If you're still stuck, are you able to share a sample of the csv, and perhaps also the import configuration file if available?

Deleted user February 20, 2020

Thank you @JimmyVanAU 

I found the issue: I need to use uppercase for the month: dd/MM/yyyy not dd/mm/yyy  

JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2020

Great news :) Yes, date formats are sensitive, and so it would have been to looking import minutes and Jira couldn't find a month.

0 votes
Joao Zampa December 16, 2021

Watch for spaces, it will break if you have leading or trailing spaces. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events