Upgrading to JIRA 6.1 not sure about these unknown plug-ins

Bryan Trummer Community Champion Jan 07, 2014

I am wanting to update my current version of Jira (6.0.8) to Jira 6.1. When doing the compatbility check with the plug ins I receieve an unknown section. I am not sure what these add-ons are. Has anyone done an upgrade with these add-ons being unknown for compatbility and what were the results?

Unknown Plug-Ins:

Atlassian Chaperone

jira-issue-nav-components

Remote Plugins l18n plugin

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

AFAIK, last two are system plugins, they come with JIRA and probably contain some mandatory functionality. As for the first one.. never heard of it and can't find any info on it either.

You can look for them in the System Plugins section of the plugin manager. If they're all there, they probably come bundled with JIRA.

But judging by the looks of it, the upgrade should be ok.

I just did a test and I can confirm that Atlassian Chaperone and jira-issue-nav-components come along with JIRA Service Desk (same with Analytics Client Plugin and JIRA Working Hours Plugin)

Bryan Trummer Community Champion Jun 03, 2014

Great I figured there would probably need some clean up from the demo of Service Desk.

Trying to find info on Atlassian Chaperone, too. The ONLY thing I have been able to find that tells me anything about it, is right in the expanded info panel for it, in JIRA's Manage add-ons screen....

"Provides feature discovery on a per-user basis"

That's not saying much. Sure would like to disable add-ons I don't need. And would love to find out if this is one I don't need.

Bryan Trummer Community Champion Jul 28, 2014

I currently have Atlassian Chaperone disabled in my JIRA instance now. I have not seen any changes with JIRA since doing this.

In my OnDemand instance both JIRA and Confluence have the Analytics Client Plugin bundled so likely it has additional purposes beyond JIRA Service Desk.

We aren't using JIRA Service Desk yet we have Atlassian Chaperone installed and I'm wondering why?  Does Service Desk eval Installation add Chaperone and then when you uninstall it Chaperone is left behind?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,704 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you