Upgrading from jira 7.9.x to 7.10.x

Oli Mueller
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 5, 2018

I have a problem with a private plugin which does not work anymore since upgrading from 7.9.2 to 7.10.0

I am wondering if there is some kind of guide which explains in detail what to take care of. 

The plugin created a popup with a form and called a rest service. Unfortunately, the shortcut (was on "+") does not work anymore (nothing happens).
When i use the mouse and click the plugin in the menu (has its own button), it is shown but it makes a complete page load and does not only show a dialog, instead a page is loaded which leads to wrong data in the form. 

I see nothing special in the atlassian-debug console. I guess it is somehow a js error. When i check the chromium developer console, i can see that in the old versions of  jira, there where 3 requests (one xhr), whereas in the new version (7.10.+) it is a complete page load

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 10, 2018

Hello Oli and welcome to the Community,

Private Add-ons that are developed outside of a vendor from the Atlassian marketplace can require additional administration to ensure they function through multiple versions. You can check and see if a add-on has been developed that is available through the marketplace now which might be able to replace your custom made add-on. You can search within the Jira Marketplace.

Additionally, you can request assist from the developer community. There you will find more users focused on development which may be better suited to assist you.

Lastly there is documentation around development within the Atlassian ecosystem. You can find more information within Jira Server Developer.

I hope you find this information useful and it assists with finding the answers you need.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer