Updating custom field sets resolution to Fixed

DLR March 31, 2016

Hello,

I'm encountering a very annoying issue where I have added custom fields to my issues (a URL, a user) and then when I update those custom fields on a given issue, the resolution is set to 'Fixed' (even though I don't update the status!). I have tried this in multiple workflows, including the default, so I don't think the bug is there. Rather, it must be something with the custom fields. I am using JIRA Agile. Thanks for the help!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 31, 2016

I think you have put the "resolution" field on the "edit" screen.  When you do that, the resolution gets set by anyone who clicks "edit", whatever they do in that process.

Find an unresolved issue, click "edit" (not the "inline" ones in view, but the full edit) and check for resolution.  If it's there, log in as an admin, find the screen and remove the resolution field as soon as possible.

DLR April 1, 2016

This worked. Thanks!

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2016

The only think I can think of that will update a certain field in JIRA for updating an issue field is a custom event listener. Can you check if you have one? Also, can you check the "Issue History" on who is changing the Resolution field?

DLR March 31, 2016

Actually, if I update ANY field, the resolution is setting to Fixed. This includes editing the description of an issue. In history, it says I updated the resolution to Fixed.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2016

Did you check if you have custom event listeners? 

Suggest an answer