Updating Filters

Brian Benjamin Michelli April 5, 2023

How do I make changes to "Quick Filters"? I need to add two new ones and update others.

4 answers

4 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Melo
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Hi @Brian Benjamin Michelli, welcome to the community!

You need to be a Jira admin or board admin. Go to Boards>Configure>Quick Filters tab.

You can find more details here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver0817/configuring-quick-filters-1072472193.html

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Melo

Brian Benjamin Michelli April 7, 2023

Thank you for your response. As a follow-up question, who can assign me JIRA or Board Administrator rights?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You have to have board admin rights, but then you go to the board, click the board configuration (near the top right - ... menu) then towards the left click "quick filters"

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

Hi @Brian Benjamin Michelli welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Please read the following documentation page: Configuring Quick Filters

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 5, 2023

Hi @Brian Benjamin Michelli and welcome to the community,

Please follow the instructions of this post https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver0817/configuring-quick-filters-1072472193.html

1. Go to the desired board and select Board > Configure.
  2. Click the Quick Filters tab.
  3. Edit the Quick Filters, as described below and in the screenshot (below).

Add a new Quick Filter
    In the blue area, type the NameJQL, and a Description (optional), then click the Add button. Your new Quick Filter will be added in the top Quick Filter position.

Change the name of a Quick Filter
    Click in the Name area of the Quick Filter, modify the existing name, and click the Update button.

Change the JQL of a Quick Filter
    Click in the JQL area of the Quick Filter, modify the existing JQL, and click the Update button. See the examples below for some suggestions. For information on JQL syntax, see JQL.

Delete a Quick Filter
    Click the Delete button at the right of the Quick Filter.

Move a Quick Filter
    Hover over the vertical 'grid'  icon, then drag and drop the Quick Filter up or down to its new position. 

Suggest an answer