Updates of JIRA on JIRA Database SQL

Harish August 21, 2017

Hi, 

Let's say i have connected JIRA to SQL server 2012 database in place where i can visualize all the JIRA keys. 

Are these databases get's updated whenever there's an update to JIRA key automatically or do we need to import on periodical basis?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

Import what?  If you're looking at the database for JIRA (which, by the way, is a *really* bad idea), then you're looking at the database.  There's nothing to be "imported".

Harish August 21, 2017

Thanks Nic !

I see now why it is a bad idea (read couple of other questions and answers !)

Here is what my requirement, 

I have a web application and need to integrated with JIRA. 

This is currently done by using JIRA API's, but this is actually putting a heavy load on JIRA server and is time consuming as there's a huge data to be read. Also, need to fetch periodically as there would be updates.

So, is there any other better solution to reduced load on the server and get the informtion ???

[JIRA Web Hook - So far the better solution.] Still thinking to avoid writing code to call API's (this is mianly due to different code for different projects in JIRA and it's own custom fields.)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

What is this thing doing that puts such a load on it?  Or, rather, what does the user get out of it?

Harish August 21, 2017

Let's say, I have 10 projects in JIRA, and for each project i have 1K keys to be read. 

User needs few basic fields of JIRA (Key, Title, Assignee, Status, Resulution and few custom fields)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 21, 2017

I'm sorry, I was not clear.   Why is the user not using JIRA to see this stuff?  And why would they want to look at 1000 issues?

Suggest an answer