Updated by field

Bhavin Sanghani July 5, 2012

I am trying to find Updated By field on JIRA so, I can filter out the JIRA issues based on the following conditions:

- Issues Updated in last 24 hrs by me.

Can you please suggest how can I do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2012

There is no field that does this natively. The "updated" field is populated by changes, but those aren't all drawn from the same place - Jira updates it as part of workflow or edits (see the table changegroup) and comments (table jiraaction) and I think there are probably other places. It does not copy out who made the update from the process that did it.

I'd be tempted to write a plugin to provide the field, as a derived field. But I don't know how complex that would be.

Oh, and I do really like the idea of this field, it's potentially very useful.

Bhavin Sanghani July 5, 2012

Alright, thanks for your prompt reply!

0 votes
Devin Miller July 23, 2012

I've also been looking for something like this recently. The closest thing to this that I'm aware of is the "participants" field provided by the Jira Toolkit plugin. 'participants in (currentUser())' will catch pretty much every issue you've interacted with, but it still misses some, which makes it kind of useless.

Suggest an answer