Update Sprint using post function

Raúl Pardo y Carril November 26, 2018

Hi,

I made a new workflow and would like to use a transition to change assignee (working fine) and also the value of the "sprint" field. For some reason it is mentioned as custom field.
But it does not work. Is there any macro or variable I could use?

Kind regards
Raúl

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 29, 2018

Hello Raúl,

Thank you for raising this question.

Actually, the Sprint field defines which Sprint your issues are added to in your Project board.

That been said, you must set an existing Sprint to properly execute the post function, however, since Sprints are temporary, I would like to understand what would be your goal using a fixed post function. Could you please provide us more details about it?

Please, refer to the documentation below if you would like to have more details about the information I provided:

Planning Sprints

Please, let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Raúl Pardo y Carril November 29, 2018

Hi Petterson,

together with the Atlassian support I found out, that it is already working with post functions, but you need to add the sprint ID instead of the sprint name.

So this question has been settled.

Kind regards
Raúl

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 30, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Raúl.

Have a nice weekend!

Priscilla Vasconcelos March 13, 2019

Hello, Raúl!

I am also with doubts about this question. I need set the Sprint field with the current sprint. How do you did this?

Raúl Pardo y Carril March 15, 2019

Hi Priscilla,

I guess this is not possible, because the ID of the current Sprint usually changes.
So you would need to update the workflow always when you open a new Sprint and close the old one.

Kind regards

Raúl

Deleted user April 12, 2019

Sure, it IS possible and actually a very useful feature.

While sprints are "conceptually" temporary, they need not be.

I have an issue type that's handled Kanban style mixed in a project of other issues managed Scrum style.

To keep these separate I have a "kanban" sprint.

* All issues of the kanban issue type automatically get this sprint id

** These are manage on a Kanban board with a filter that only shows these issues

* The board for the Scrum work has a filter that omits the kanban work

** Therefore it never show the "kanban" sprint

Therefore this Sprint is basically invisible.

* It never moves. Get's opened nor closed. It's id never changes.

Like edetollenaer likes this
siva September 1, 2019

@Petter Gonçalves 

I have similar Request,

Is there a possibility that i can update the SPRINT  END DATE. with the last (LAST STORY END DATE) in the sprint ?

Checking possibilities using a script runner possibilities on a postfunction, 

Any Suggestions.?

Devany Cocco January 2, 2020

Adding the sprint number did not work.  I tried:

• (125)
  • and the name verbatim 

The reason I need it is because I use the backlog feature to organize (and rank) many Jiras across projects which are kanban and scrum.  I have two permanent sprints which create nice groups in the backlog screen:

1. On Deck - ready for developers
  2. In the hole - under review by product team, need more research and definition of requirements

Then the rest of the Jiras in the backlog have not been reviewed. 

The kanban teams also wanted an additional status to show that issues were reviewed: "Selected for Development."  So as product owner I transition things from "To Do" to "Selected for Development" ("Approved" transition).  I want the sprint to change to "On Deck" and assign it to the development lead.  Otherwise I have to do both individually. 

It would be nice to also change from "to do" to "Selected for development" and assign the lead when I drag and drop into the "On Deck" sprint, but I don't think that's possible.

(Note: I have the "Approved" transition locked to a project owner project role so only I can approve things.)

Suggest an answer