Update Field

Christoph Müllauer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 15, 2024

The following automation that automatically changes the due date for all issues of a release when the release reaches "released" status is simply not working. Can anyone help me?

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 15.13.52.png

2 answers

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2024

Hello @Christoph Müllauer 

The rule you are presenting does not change an issue due date based on a related Version being released.

Your trigger is Field Changed - Fix Versions. That means the rule is triggered when the value(s) assigned to the Fix Versions field of a single issue are changed. If you add a value or remove a value from the field, then the rule would be triggered. That does not match your requirement to change issue dates when a Version is Released.

There is a trigger specifically for a version being set to Released:

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 7.27.35 AM.png

For more information on how to create the rule, you can refer to the answer from Bill Sheboy on this post:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Automation-When-Version-updated-how-to-update-issues-for-that/qaq-p/1804805

0 votes
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2024

Hi @Christoph Müllauer and welcome to the Community,

could you update the question with the screenshot? :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events