Unordered lists are sometimes broken

Doug Fowler November 24, 2020

Unordered lists don't always work.

For example, this is what I entered in the description for a task in Jira:

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 16.09.44.pngAnd here's how it is rendered - notice the bullet item that begins with "Make sure..."

Screen Shot 2020-11-24 at 16.10.11.png

And this is not an isolated case.  It happens with annoying frequency.  I haven't been able to figure out what it is in the text that triggers the issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2020

is that pasted in text or typed? I was trying to reproduce but w/ the new editor I cannot easily replicate.

Doug Fowler November 24, 2020

No, it's not pasted in... just typed.  And every other time it has happened, it was typed, not pasted, as well.

As I said, I haven't figured out what is triggering it, so if I create a new task with the intent to replicate it, I probably won't be able to.

I'm not sure about the "new editor".  I know there's an option for a new editor (or format or something) in Confluence, and I chose not to switch to the new version - I didn't really care for it.

I don't remember any sort of option (to switch to new or stay on old) in Jira, and I'm not sure how I would select one or the other.  If you are able to select an "old" editor, you might try to replicate it there.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events