3 votes
harshahid_h February 27, 2020

@Vlad Polonskiy  Thanks a lot :)

changed to "call set MVN_COMMAND=%%MVN_COMMAND:%%"

Build is success now.

2 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2019

It looks like this kind of error has been reported before when using the Atlassian-SDK on Windows platforms specifically.  Please see the bug report in https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ATLASSDK-93

In it, other users have reported in the comments there that it might be possible to modify a mvn.bat file in that bin folder and make some adjustments to avoid this error.   I'm more concerned about the first error on the screen after you run your command of:

'else' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

Perhaps if we can address that issue first, these other errors can be avoided entirely.

James Linnell March 1, 2019

I have fixed the 'else' error with the solution in that thread: https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ATLASSDK-93?focusedCommentId=284542&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-284542

I still receive the Unknown Lifecycle Phase error.

Vlad Polonskiy April 1, 2019

Looks like I was able to fix "Lifecycle Phase" error as follows (I got it on Windows):

1. In "atlas-mvn.bat" file comment out the following line:

call set MVN_COMMAND=%%MVN_COMMAND:${mavenPluginName}=%MVN_PLUGIN%%%

2. Replace it with:

call set MVN_COMMAND=%%MVN_COMMAND:%%

Vlad

Like # people like this
Melek Jebnoun_Vectors_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2019

Many thanks this solve the issue I was having :)

Thanks again

Tom Lister October 11, 2019

thanks - fixed my eclipse error

else is here but I'm not sure how to fix

:loopstart
set /a ARGI = !ARGI! + 1
set /a ARGN = !ARGI! + 1

if !ARGI! gtr %ARGC% goto loopend

call :getarg !ARGI! ARG
call :getarg !ARGN! ARGNEXT

else (

set MVN_PARAMS=%MVN_PARAMS% %ARG%
shift
goto loopstart

)
:loopend

Leirbag Assuab October 24, 2019

Many thanks @Vlad Polonskiy! After updating SDK I've been stuck for several hours with "Lifecycle Phase" error. Your comment contains must-have info to fix it.

Like Sam likes this
Derek White November 14, 2019

This is entirely unacceptable. Why has the SDK not been updated to fix this wide-spread issue?

Atlassian's priorities over the last couple years have been atrocious. They need to gets their shit together. People are already talking to their C-levels to convince them to leave Atlassian products.

You make products for developers, but ignore developers.

Developers like text-based editors, so Atlassian is removing text-based editing across all their products. It's already gone from confluence, bitbucket is currently in transition (hit the feedback button and complain! please!), and Jira will likely be next (I don't use Cloud, so not sure about there).

Developers like using code blocks. Atlassian has had several issues dating back a decade to allow code blocks to be indented. Nothing. Some of their products don't even allow inline code blocks. It's absolutely ridiculous.

What happened to no sales/marketing? Oh, yeah, you went public in 2015. That explains a lot. Everything Atlassian is doing these days is geared toward non-technical users - the same users that sales/marketing would be approaching to sell the products to. In the past, developers chose to use Atlassian products because they were good and pushed it up the chain. They are reversing this process and it is resulting in developers being pushed away from the products.

A simple google search for "alternatives to atlassian" shows numerous articles from 2019 listing their top alternatives. Some as recent as a few days ago. The tides are changing. People are looking elsewhere.

Like # people like this
Derek White November 14, 2019

`atlas-mvn clean` still fails with "No goals have been specified for this build." Might fix the goals with format eclipse:eclipse, but it doesn't work with singular commands. You can use the atlas-* scripts for most of them, but not all. Still not 100%, but enough to actually get working.

Jonathan Rosenberg November 15, 2019

@Vlad Polonskiy Vlad's solution worked for me and should be posted as the answer.

Like Sam likes this
oliverbriansyson December 3, 2019

Cant seem to find the bat file?  Where would the bat file be in the folder structure?

Like Sam likes this
Leirbag Assuab December 3, 2019

Hi @oliverbriansyson , it would be in "bin" folder (%ATLAS_SDK_HOME%\bin):

Image 1.png

Like # people like this
Sam March 4, 2020

@Vlad Polonskiy Thanks for commenting, it fixed it for me!

@Leirbag Assuab Thanks for specifying where the bat file is!

0 votes
George Lewe (Lewe) April 22, 2020

Unbelievable. Fits well in the general loss of Atlassians connection to users and developers. I am sorry to see that development still ongoing.

Thanks for the fix, Vlad. Should have been provided by Atlassian a long time ago.

0 votes
John Lill April 1, 2020

Thanks for this, I can't believe it is still an issue, over a year now.

Derek White April 2, 2020

A year?! Ha!

"November 4, 2015" is when the issue (https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/ATLASSDK-93) was created.

Like John Lill likes this
John Lill April 6, 2020

Ouch. :(

Suggest an answer