Uninstall button for add-on not available

JohanT May 18, 2015

I have installed the "Tempo Timesheets" add-on. It's not what I was looking for and now I want to uninstall it. In all the documentation I see there should be an "Uninstall" button, but I see no such button in the "Manage add-ons" screen of Jira. I am the administrator of the system...

Does somebody have a clue what is wrong? How can I completely uninstall the "Tempo Timesheets" plugin?

4 answers

0 votes
JohanT May 19, 2015

Luckily the guys from Tempo helped me out! It turns out that you cannot uninstall Tempo (like Robert mentioned correctly). That in itself is not nice because it leaves a bunch of things like custom-fields and components behind. My problem was that I had disabled the Tempo plugin, but in my issue forms a custom field that Tempo introduced was still required. This essentially made my whole Jira installation unusable... From the Tempo support desk i received the advise to go to Administration, Add-ons, Accounts Configuration (under TEMPO ACCOUNTS section) and de-select Default Field Configurations. That helped... Now the custom field is not required anymore in the issue forms - even though it's still in there. Still in the dark why I cannot uninstall the plugin so that my Jira installation is in the state it was before I tried the add-on. But I can work with it again.

0 votes
JohanT May 18, 2015

Unfortunately that is not the case: Tempo creates custom fields that I cannot remove until the Tempo add-on itself is removed. At least that is what I am assuming. I want to remove the custom field "Account" (which is installed by the Tempo plugin), but there is an icon besides it telling me that it's locked. My theory is that this is the case because the Tempo add-on is disabled and not removed...

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2015

Tempo is a rare add-on that is bundled in cloud: it can't be uninstalled. Disabling it will have the same effect as uninstalling it.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2015

Hi Johan,

This KB article should help you out: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Cloud/Disabling+or+Enabling+a+JIRA+Add-on

Best regards,

Peter

JohanT May 18, 2015

Hi Peter, Disabling the Tempo plugin leaves the custom fields it installs in place. I guess disabling is not the same as uninstalling the add-on. I actually want to completely remove the plugin and all the settings it introduced when I installed it. Any clue how to do this? Best regards, Johan.

Suggest an answer