Understanding automation usage

Mara Julin May 19, 2022

I'm in the process of setting up ~5 automations for each of our 5 jira scrum projects to create the filters I need. Before I started this process I read that in order to not exceed your automation usage these automations have to be made within single projects (and not globally)

So I went ahead and started to do this within our projects. That said I now see this banner up top - why am I impacting my usage if these aren't global projects? Should I be setting this up differently to reduce the number of triggers? (Currently they are set up when sprints start and are completed so I'm not sure why it would impact anything else)

Screen Shot 2022-05-19 at 6.33.58 PM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2022

Hi @Mara Julin 

Global/multi-project rule execution is just one of the service limits.  There are other ones (even for project-scope rules) for the amount of processing time, loop detection, emails per hour, etc. within a time box:

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/automation-service-limits/

If you are getting that banner message, one or more of your project-scope rules is perhaps running such that it uses a lot of processing time, or another service limit breach.  First look at the usage information to find the rule(s) causing the problem:

https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/view-your-automation-usage/

Next, consider posting an image of your rule so the community can offer suggestions to improve it.

Another suggestion: have at least one global scope rule which checks if you are about to exceed the service limits, and use it to email your sit admins so they can respond accordingly.  That rule will only fire when you are about to breach, so it is a good visibility tool.

Kind regards,
Bill

Mara Julin May 22, 2022

Hi Bill - thanks for helping me on this! I noticed you also are answering my other thread, this is all related to the same project so I'll insert my reply on that thread too. Thanks!

Like Bill Sheboy likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events