Unclosed Issues are not moving to the next sprint after completing a sprint

Winscon Faltado December 5, 2018

Our Project has the following Status:

To Do: OPEN, SUBMITTED

In Progress: IN PROGRESS, RESOLVED, IN QA

Done: CLOSED

After completing a Sprint the Resolved & IN QA are not moved into the next sprint and those issues are not yet done so we manually move it to the next sprint but it will affect the burndown since it's a scope change. I also checked the Column management in the board configuration and it shows No issues are on "RESOLVED" and "IN QA" status (Screenshot #3)

Please refer to the attached photos, The number of undone issues are 125 (IN PROGRESS, RESOLVED, IN QA) (Screenshot #1) and it should be shown on the incomplete issues that will be moved to the next sprint but there are only 93 issues (OPEN, SUBMITTED) that are shown to be moved to the next sprint (Screenshot #2).

Screenshot #1

image.png

Screenshot #2image.pngScreenshot #3image.png

2 answers

0 votes
Baru Lopez December 4, 2019

Same issue, tickets have no resolution set @Petter Gonçalves 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2019

Hello Baru,

Can you try the steps I provided in my last answer? If you are not able to find the pattern I mentioned, please send me a screenshot of three issues that are not moving to the next Sprint so I can further investigate it.

Baru Lopez December 6, 2019

Already started the next sprint but I can do it again next end. I know exactly the statuses and resolutions though.

They are all status "Open" with resolutions not set.

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2018

Hello Winscon,

Usually, this problem happens when the resolution of some issues is configured with a value, so the system considers it as closed. I really believe that the resolved status is with a valid resolution, so this might be the root cause.

Please, perform the following steps to identify the issues that are not moving to the next Sprint:

- Add the parameter resolution = unresolved to your JQL query and check if the number of issues changed.

- Filter your JQL in a per-status base in order to identify which issues are being considered closed and find a pattern between it (Common Status, common resolution, etc), so we can better understand the root cause of the problem. Try the following query and then remove the statuses one-by-one so we can identify which issues are being considered closed:

Sprint = "test Sprint 7" and status in ("In progress", Resolved, "In QA") Resolution = unresolved

If you are not able to find the pattern, please send me a screenshot of three issues that are not moving to the next Sprint so I can further investigate it.

Suggest an answer